I love this delicious recipe for Aubergine. Enjoy!
Harissa Marinated Aubergine with Sour Cream
- 1 Aubergine cut in half, vertically
- 2 red pepper diced
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/4 tsp caraway seeds
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 chillies chopped
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1. Preheat the oven to 200c/180c fan. Roast the diced red pepper with a drizzle
of oil until lightly charred and brown. 2. Dry roast the herbs in a pan for 2-3 minutes to release the aromas. Ensuring
not to burn. 3. Blend everything except for the aubergine in the Nutri blender to form the
harissa paste. 4. Cut the aubergine in half, lengthways and score the inside in a criss-cross
pattern. 5. Pour the marinade over the aubergine and allow to sit for 20 minutes.6. Bake the aubergine until lightly brown on top and fully cooked through –
approximately 40-45 minutes.7. Serve with the sour cream.
- 125 g raw cashews soaked in hot water for 1 hour
- 120 ml water
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 15 g apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1. Drain the cashew nuts and rinse thoroughly with fresh water.
2. Place all the ingredients in a blender and blitz until smooth and creamy. Taste, add more lemon juice, salt or vinegar as required. Decant into an
airtight container. Can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.