I feel like the time has flew so quickly. The lockdown lasted over 8 weeks but I feel like it was few days ago. Now it is new month and ease down of the lockdown. While this is happening I must say that I will be missing some part of it especially time spent here at our home nowhere to go and nowhere to be. My daughter is restarting school today but it is far far away from normal so we will see what happens. She wants to go back but is not looking forward to all new rules on top of the old ones.
Now talking about the rules. I want you to think about this for a moment. It will not be easy for any of us. We hate rules especially when they are over the top. I absolutley hate doing shopping in the supermarkets nowdays so I order online. I feel lost with all the signs and i find it hard to maintain 2 meter distance from other people.
Quite often we hate the rules when we start following the healthy lifestyle. We get frustrated, bored and we want to rebel. So what we do? We reach for comfort food and drink. And that is it we give up.
This June I want you to rebel but in a safe way. Wake up your inner child and allow some playfulness into your life so that you can make changes with ease and flow. I have come up with this list for you to try:
- Prank call your friends or mum
- Make different colour hair or highlights
- Drive in your PJs around your town
- Go braless?
- Hide in a closet or behind doors and scare someone
- Ding dong and ditch your neighbour
- Have a water balloon fight
- In your colouring book – colour outside the lines
- Go out in the rain and dance
- Dance to your favourite music looking silly
Let me also know what are your goals for this month. What are you aiming for? It is good to have some. Myself and my husband, we are starting the cleanse on Monday in my group. I also have a resolution to ditch alcohol in June, drink more green smoothies, do press ups every day as well doing abs work out every other day. The highlights of our lockdown were early morning walks and bike rides which we want to continue for sure.
I know that I need to have more playfulness so that I can follow this plan. I need to release the energy which does not serve me. I want to release the grief for something I had but did not serve me to make room for new and change. I love my early morning rituals of meditation, journalling and manifestations. I love keeping my cup full so I can give to others with joy.
Wishing you great month and do join my Facebook group. The theme of this month is Find Calmer You. We will talk about stress , covering good food to eat so that we remain relaxed, grounded and balanced. And that in turn will help our weight management efforts.
If you feel that now is the time to work with somebody 1:1 and get your health goals on track; if you struggle with low energy and stuck weight, if you want to feel more grounded and light, do get in touch and book free Discovery session.
I am also leaving this delicious recipe for pea burgers. Perfect for the healthy version of the summer BBQ.
Pea 'Burger' with Cashew Salad Cream
- 50 g sweetcorn, tinned
- 200 g garden peas
- 240 g chickpeas
- 30 g fresh coriander (cilantro)
- 30 g fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 75 g glutne free flour (I use gram)
- 1 tsp hot paprika
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 large galric clove, crushed
- 1 tsp sea salt or to taste
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper or to taste
- 6 tbsp coconut oil to fry or other oil like avocado
- 70 g cashews, soaked
- 30 ml white wine vinegar
- 30 ml oilive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 60 ml water
- 4 g nutritionla yeast
- 1/8 tsp Dijon mustard (or mustard powder)
- Pour warm water over the peas to deforst. Once thawed drain off the water.
- Place the onion, garlic, herbs, salt, pepper and spices into a food processor and pulse to start to combine.
- Next add sweetcorn, the peas, chickpeas and flour to the food procesor and blitz until mixutre starts to look smooth in texture
- Then add the seeds , pulse to incorporate
- Form the burgers by placing 4 tbsp of mixture into the palm of one hand and use the other to mould the mixutre into a large puck shape. Place burger on to a tray lined with baking parchment. Continue to make burgers with the reminaing mixture, then cover the tray with cling film and chill for 30 minutes - 1 hours to firm up (it really makes a difference)
- Pre-heat oven to 180C/350F/Gas4. Add oil to the pan and fry each side for 5 min. After that add them onto the baking tray
- Cook the burgers for 15 minutes in the oven or until warm in the center
- Serve with salad, BBQ sauce, homemade ketchup